We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to fulfill this challenging and rewarding role in a well established local registered charity, which provides a variety of support services to help improve and enrich the lives of people living with sight loss in the Hull and East Riding area.
Responsibilities and duties
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of different tasks within this challenging role:
- greet visitors at the centre
- answer internal and external telephone calls
- maintain daily attendance sheets for the Day Centres
- provide administrative & practical support to the Services Manager and the PA
- demonstrate equipment and offer advice and information to visitors and members
- be approachable and empathetic
- be able to use initiative
- have the ability to work as part of a team
- be willing to undertake training relevant to working with visually impaired people
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE standard and have GCSE English & Maths Grade A* – C as standard. The candidate must also possess excellent ICT skills.
Ideally you will have some administrative experience and have the ability to communicate at all levels and to be able to create a rapport with different stakeholders.
You must be able to work to very tight timescales and deadlines and be very organised.
The successful candidate must also be comfortable demonstrating visual aids to a group of people.
If eligible, you will be enrolled on to the company pension scheme and also be enrolled in to the staff health scheme.
Hours of work: 9am to 5pm Monday – Friday
Wage: £ 3.50 per hour (current apprentice hourly rate, but will increase to £ 3.70 from April 2018)
Apply: CV and cover letter to email@example.com